Owning rats, or as some say, being owned by rats, is a journey. For me it began with being intensely rat-phobic to where I am now, rat-obsessed (ok, i admit it).

 




Cat Toys for Rats


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I have discovered that all attempts to spoil and dote on my rats by buying them "cool" toys have been met with either total disinterest or mild amusement that quickly turns to total disinterest. I don't know why that hasn't disuaded me from purchasing toys. Maybe it is the challenge.

I recently found one that they love! And not just the little ratlets, but the older ones, too. It is called the Cat-Fisher Mouse Mitt. It is an Edward Scissorhands-like glove with little feather and fur bits stuffed with catnip that are attached to elastic (ok, they are actually fake mice, but I prefer to think of them as something more abstract) . I believe the elastic is the key, allowing the rat to think it can spirit the object away. They also seem to like the catnip (discovered on the dismemberment of a previous rat toy). The company that makes it is Bamboo and you can purchase replacement bits if they get chewed off. My rats especially love that one that is wrapped in string.

UPDATE: 5/3/06: Check out the google video of Pez and Peaches playing!

Labels:


1 Responses to “Cat Toys for Rats”

  1. Blogger eileen2000 

    mine like that one too, but seem to get bored with it faster (maybe because it only has one dangly bit instead of 5 or maybe they are just jaded rats!)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


about me

  • I'm eileen2000
  • Portland, OR, United States
  • My profile

 

archives

blogs and webcams

organizations and forums

find a rat

health and care

history and folklore

 

subscribe:
ATOM 0.3