Owning rats, or as some say, being owned by rats, is a journey. For me it began with being intensely rat-phobic to where I am now, rat-obsessed (ok, i admit it).

 




all ratties deserve heaven


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I love this pic done by Amalia DuBois (and the title!).

The way the rat was incorporated into the knotwork is wonderful. It is happily oblivious to being all wrapped up because it has its hands on the star it wanted.

update: 4-22-06
If you are interested in seeing how this went from sketch to final drawing, Amalia has posted the process
here.

Labels:


4 Responses to “all ratties deserve heaven”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    so lovely! i went and signed in and left a comment - love it.

  2. Blogger eileen2000 

    i'm going to keep an eye on Amalia's work. Hopefully, she'll have more rattie stuff in the future.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    What a great drawing! The woman from whom I adopted my girls recently came across your blog and forwarded it to me. This pic totally caputes my girls' spirits! It is a delight! I have whispered my post life wishes into my dumbo girls big beautiful ears, "Please let me into rat heaven, I'll pick up poop if rats in heaven poop, if not I'll just be a human to give love and be climbed on like a jungle gym and be groomed"... Ahhh heaven.

  4. Blogger eileen2000 

    I second that wish!! My heaven will definitely be filled with rats. btw, congrats on your new girls!!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


about me

  • I'm eileen2000
  • Portland, OR, United States
  • My profile

 

archives

blogs and webcams

organizations and forums

find a rat

health and care

history and folklore

 

subscribe:
ATOM 0.3