Owning rats, or as some say, being owned by rats, is a journey. For me it began with being intensely rat-phobic to where I am now, rat-obsessed (ok, i admit it).

 




Amber's Egyptian Rats


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Thanks to a heads-up from Cindy, a member of ratlist, I recently discovered the website of an amazing artist who draws her rats as Egyptian royalty, has cardboard temples for them and elaborate tomb plans. It is so right in so many ways, it captures their complexity, spirituality and nobleness and is a beautiful and touching tribute to the inner rat that most people can't see. The stylized drawings and sketches are beautiful with small touches that delight.

She also has created a Yahoo group for people who like to draw rats, ratdrawing, which includes the talented Drusilla Kehl of Illustrated Rat , and other lovely people who are either fans of Amber's work, artists themselves, or both.

She takes commissions and has a Cafe Press site where you can have your favorite rat memorialized on a t-shirt or in other ways. Definitely worth checking out.

Labels:


3 Responses to “Amber's Egyptian Rats”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Hello. I am Amber's friend. I am very impressin' with this posted about her artwork! Thanks for your support! I am very happy that everyone are gonna support Amber's company in the future. I hope it would be work out for her. Thank you. ^_^

    Love,
    Braz

  2. Blogger eileen2000 

    thanks for the comment, Braz. I really enjoyed your drawing of Amber and her rats and your drawing of Spot on Amber's website. eileen

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Aww... No problem. I am just appericated to write this post. I am so glad that you really enjoyed my drawing of Amber and her rats. Spot is a fabulous rat! I drew him for Amber after Spot died. What a neat about him as well! I cannot believe that nobody write a comment for you and support Amber! How suck!

    Always,
    Braz :)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


about me

  • I'm eileen2000
  • Portland, OR, United States
  • My profile

 

archives

blogs and webcams

organizations and forums

find a rat

health and care

history and folklore

 

subscribe:
ATOM 0.3