Owning rats, or as some say, being owned by rats, is a journey. For me it began with being intensely rat-phobic to where I am now, rat-obsessed (ok, i admit it).

 




Dumbo Rat Halloween Costumes


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This probably would have been a better October post, but I came across the pics the other day and it brought back fond memories.

I work at an all-girl afterschool program and my rats (used to) get to come to work with me until a rodent intolerant person nixed that.

All the girls adored my first 4 girls (Penelope, Bon-Bon, Gigi and Dinky) who got to come with me everyday and the girls bonded strongly with them. For Halloween, two of the girls decided to go as Penelope and Bon-Bon. They looked very cute with their ears and pin-on pink tails. K, the shorter girl in the picture, has kept her interest in rats. She kept a rat journal and wrote down info she found in books and on the net and at one point wrote Bella of Bellaratta's Nest (one of her favorite sites) and got a wonderful reply.

Jane, one of our group leaders and an amazing and creative seamstress, helped them with their costumes. Here's a pic of her modeling her creation.

Labels:


0 Responses to “Dumbo Rat Halloween Costumes”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


about me

  • I'm eileen2000
  • Portland, OR, United States
  • My profile

 

archives

blogs and webcams

organizations and forums

find a rat

health and care

history and folklore

 

subscribe:
ATOM 0.3